Senior Director Origination (Power Marketing) - Chicago
|Energy & Resources||
The Senior Director/Director of Origination will be responsible for originating, structuring, negotiating, and executing long-term revenue agreements for development pipeline. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of developing new business and transacting with the universe of renewable energy buyers across a range of offtake products, with specific focus on corporate buyers.
- Client-facing position responsible for identifying and securing long-term revenue opportunities for LCE’s development pipeline.
- Originate, structure, negotiate and execute structured transactions with corporate buyers of renewable energy, municipal utilities, coops, electric utilities, large industrials, retail aggregators and other wholesale customers.
- Actively manage the preparation of proposals in response to renewable energy procurement RFPs, or as part of bi-lateral offtake discussions.
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with clients, prospects, and other intermediaries involved in the procurement process
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate new and complex revenue structures to potential customers, LCE management and third-party investors.
- Develop and maintain a list or database of potential contracting prospects with effective management of the scope of opportunities.
- Spearhead the implementation of a data-based process to ensure recommendations and solutions with respect to opportunities across various markets are appropriately substantiated.
- Create presentations and materials to support marketing efforts, as well as internal discussions with LCE management.
- Represent LCE at industry conferences
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Business, Economics, Engineering or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 7-10 years in the energy industry, with at least 3-5 years working in renewable energy.
- Experience originating, structuring, negotiating, and executing renewable energy power purchase agreements; candidates with familiarity and/or experience with more complex or emerging structured products are preferred
- Strong relationships with intermediaries assisting corporate buyers in renewable energy procurement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including significant experience with proposal and presentation preparation.
- Strong network of renewable energy purchasers, including corporate buyers, financial hedge providers, utilities, coops, etc.
- Understanding of US power markets and ability to assess, evaluate, and provide insight into evolving market conditions
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with individuals at all levels both internally and externally in a positive, collaborative manner.
- Must be able to uphold highest standards of discretion and confidentiality and exercise good judgment on day-to-day decisions.
- Flexibility in work hours and responsibilities, willingness to work evenings or weekends as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including PowerPoint and Excel.
- Willing to be based out of Chicago, IL
- Ability to travel as needed, sometimes frequently