Project Delivery Associate Renewable Energy - Texas
|Energy & Resources||
As a Project Delivery Associate, you will project manage solar, wind, storage, and other green infrastructure investments from late stage project development through to commercial operations.
As an Associate in the team, you will report to the Vice President of Project Delivery. Your duties will span across a range of diverse elements, including but not limited to:
Contract & Cost Management:
- Administer technical and financing contract terms during construction including financial, budget, schedule and change management, progress claims, liquidated damages, final accounts, debt draws, contract waivers, contract amendments, and monthly/quarterly reports
- Process contract amendments, variations orders, final completion certificates and ensure execution by appropriate delegations of authority
- Review monthly reports from key stakeholders (i.e. EPC, OEM, Transmission Provider, Asset Manager) and prepare summary reports focused on budget, progress, the relevant commercial risks for internal stakeholders and external investment partners
Project Controls & Risk Management
- Oversee time and cost progress of key project counterparties during the development and construction phases
- Forecast budgets and schedules to report on variance and contingency
- Manage risks register to report on potential exposure against project contingency
- Assist with development and implementation of internal risk management frameworks
- Assist with preparation of monthly debt draws, withdrawal certificates, consents and waivers
- Take leadership role for WHS&E
- Assist with management of key stakeholder relationships during construction including landowners, transmission service provider, ISO, and permitting jurisdictions
- Review technical deliverables and decisions delegated to us as Sponsor/Owner, analyze cost/benefit of potential outcomes, and put forward recommend action plans to the senior team
Technical & Engineering Support
- Review and prepare technical specifications and documentation to be used in confidential information memos or independent engineering reports for construction financing and sell-down
- Assist with coordination of technical aspects of lender and investor due diligence and documentation during construction debt and tax equity financings and in support of our eventual sell-down
- Support the audit of all technical inputs and cash flows of our lender and/or equity financial models
- Review Independent Engineering and Insurance Reports for debt financing and sell-down
Contract Procurement Support
- Assist with preparing Requests for Tender of key technical agreements (EPC, OEM, and O&M)
- Support negotiations of key project agreements assist in evaluating contracting strategies and tradeoffs of the various technical, commercial, and legal terms (i.e., scope, cost, schedule, guarantees, LD’s, performance, insurance, indemnities, dispute resolution)
- Review all development stakeholder agreements (land leases, interconnection agreements, etc.) and ensure key interfaces are included in the key technical agreements
You will identify and anticipate technical, commercial, and financing risks in late stage development and will work directly with the Vice President of Project Delivery, Asset Managers, Project Developers, Principle Transaction team, Project Finance team, and key partners and stakeholders to find opportunities to create greater value for the team and their green investments.
For education and qualifications, you will have 3-5 years of relevant experience in project or commercial management of large-scale mechanical and electrical engineering systems, or infrastructure projects. Experience in green energy, such as solar, wind, or energy storage, is a plus. Prior experience with project acquisitions, financings and divestitures, and working with JVs and partners on project management is preferred.
A relevant academic bachelor degree, preferably in a technical field such as engineering or business management, is required; and a masters in engineering or finance, such as a MBA, is a plus.
Ability to read and fluently converse in Spanish would also be a plus.