Offshore Managing Director - Houston or New York
|Energy & Resources||
Scope Of Job
The Managing Director is accountable for the delivery of the Joint Venture activities as set out by the Board and is envisaged as a portfolio of complete offshore wind farms safely that deliver their life cycle business case (including on time, on budget and to the required specifications and quality standards). He/she takes an integrated view of the portfolio and forges strong links between all internal and external stakeholders to ensure a consistent and coordinated approach at every stage of each project. The Managing Director is also responsible for leading a cooperative, motivated and successful management team, consisting, at steady state, of Technical Director, Delivery Director, Development Director, Commercial Director and Financial Director and ensuring that the portfolio is effectively resourced, and resources are allocated and utilized in an efficient manner. He/she is responsible to coordinate resources to mitigate all risks from the beginning of Development until projects are created with the envisaged handover at FID.
- 25% - Establish and manage Joint Venture strategy
- Lead management team in pursuit of strategy creating a team that is open to innovation and new ways of working, while gaining trust of the parent companies through certainty of delivery around the development cases.
- Submit JV products to the Board of Directors, after aligning with Management Team, for review and approval.
- 20% - Establish and manage project organizations, through project directors :
- Facilitate the establishment of project organizations, including project management team
- Secure establishment of a site organization and execution of inspection and commissioning
- Review and approve budget, risks analysis and schedules for key project milestones
- 10% -Ensure budget compliance :
- Consolidate all costs spent by project companies
- Ensure total expenditure stays within total budget (Dossier or NTP)
- Identify and implement potential corrective actions and business case improvements
- 10% -Secure quality of deliveries from projects within portfolio :
- Manage the portfolio and existing project focusing on value creation and business cases over the full life cycle of each asset. Running the portfolio on value-based decisions.
- Review key deliverables from projects and Management Team before sent for sign-off to the Board of Directors
- Ensure that project deliverables comply with the established agreements
- Ensure compliance with internal quality standards
- 10% -Manage HSE :
- Ensure that the projects comply with internal and external HSE requirements and legislation
- Provide a team environment of open and honest approach to HSEQ that encourages proactive actions to reduce the life-cycle HSE risks.
- Display proactive HSE behaviours.
- 10% -Manage Risks :
- Take proactive actions to reduce safety risks
- Establish, perform and monitor overall project risks (document in risk register)
- Identify risk mitigation actions and potential opportunities
- 10% -Manage Project Stakeholders :
- Identify and involve key project stakeholders in a structured manner
- Prepare progress reports and decisions proposal to the Board of Directors
- Secure communication between different levels and functions internally in the organization
- 5% - Other duties as assigned
Supervision Of Others
Up to 5 direct reports
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Architecture, Construction, or Business Administration required.
- 10+ years leading high-performing multidisciplinary teams
- 8+ years of relevant work experience within wind and/or offshore industry leading high-profile projects ($250+ million value).
- 8+ years of project engineering/project management experience and/or contract management and/or equivalent experience in a matrix organization.
- Extensive experience in energy markets, project finance and project cost reporting.
- Demonstrated ability in finance, economics, deal structure or accounting.
- 5+ years previous supervisory duties (at least 4 direct reports).
- Expert knowledge of cost control philosophy and methodologies, estimating, change management, and document controls procedures required.
- Deep experience with budgets, scheduling and RFP processes.
- Outstanding interpersonal oral and written communication, presentation skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with marquee clients.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple primes and subcontractor relationships simultaneously.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, ability to work well with others and be a good team player.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of risk evaluation and statistical modelling a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple people from all types of fields of expertise
- Advanced knowledge of Office 365; MS Project application, Visio, MS Access, Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
Requires knowledge of, and direct first-hand experience in, offshore wind project development in the United States.