Offshore Commercial Director - Houston or New York
|Energy & Resources||
Scope Of Job
The Commercial Director manages all commercial and finance aspects of the Joint Venture and is accountable for leading the JV through the wider Commercial landscape. This includes Commercial (revenues), Finance, Competitive Intelligence, Contracting & Procurement and Strategy (incl. framing bid strategy on behalf of the JV).
- 50% -Establish and manage Joint Venture commercial and finance strategy
- Lead management team in pursuit of strategy
- Accountable to negotiate and agree various Service level agreements with parent organizations.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies (e.g. Commercial PPA’s) according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth of Atlantic Shores JV
- Build profitable partnerships with (potential) external business partners
- Investigate and deliver further OREC-compliant power trading optimisations
- Accountable for the development of any proposals to the joint “Pricing committee” ** which consists of Atlantic Shores JV board members
- Deliver sound financial control on behalf of the Atlantic Shores JV – including reporting, budgeting & planning
- Responsible and accountable for the Atlantic Shores business plan (subject to JV board approval)
- Enable competitive state RFP bidding through market sounding of potential bank financing opportunities for various phases of the Atlantic Shores JV
Contracting & Procurement
- Establish a Procurement policy (subject to JV board approval) for commitment of third party spend by Atlantic Shores JV
- Set-up a most competitive supply chain – WTG’s, O&M, Installation, Electrical, Other services like Geotech & Consulting - leveraging the full size of 2.5 GW the potential Atlantic Shores lease area.
- Establish an effective and efficient third-party sourcing set-up, including systems, for the execution of any supply chain contracts by Atlantic Shores JV
- Legal terms and Contract templates
Competitive Intelligence & Strategy
- Legal terms and Contract templates
- Conduct market research and set-up effective competitive intelligence gathering that enables most optimal outcomes for any commercial opportunities (State RFP’s or Corporate)
- Understand the requirements of future customers (State or Corporate) and build value propositions that enable Atlantic Shores to win – now and in the future
- Develop and implement winning commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
- 20% -Budget:
- Collects budget data (CAPEX and OPEX) from JV Management Team and Project Directors, aggregates the figures and checks the quality of data and the documentation to prepare the Project Budget for input into the model.
- Each month, controls actual and committed costs logged into the SAP accounting system (WBS allocation, amount and phasing vs. budget) in coordination with the Financial Cost Controller, updates the budget forecast, maintains a dynamic budget file that can be used for various forecast needs and cash calls.
- Controls / Contributes to entries into SAP for Purchase Orders, Good Receipts and Invoice Payment for major contracts.
- Compare actuals with baselines and report to Project Director Secure that an optimal design is produced with sufficient data
- 20% -Risks:
- Proposes and manages Portfolio risks assessment, risk controlling and risk reporting processes including the aggregation and selection of top risks to be proposed to the Managing Director for approval and for reporting to Governance bodies.
- Consistently identifies, evaluates, and monitors project risks and develops and implements risk mitigation strategies.
- Organizes and facilitates workshops with each Project Director to identify, categorize and quantify risks in the Risks Register, and to propose / follow up on mitigation strategies.
- Develops and applies methods for quantitative risk assessment (through probabilistic methods applied to costs and time schedules).
- 10% - Other duties as assigned
- Define JV Document Management process and manages the Document Controller(s).
- Ensures record keeping and documentation management are implemented in an effective and efficient manner pursuant to JV policy as well as Project Financing and DSSA requirements.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Managing Director.
Supervision Of Others
- Up to 5 direct reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Architecture or Construction Science required.
- Master’s in Business Administration strongly preferred
- 8+ years leading high-performing multidisciplinary teams
- 5+ years of relevant work experience within wind and/or offshore industry leading high-profile projects ($250+ million value).
- 8+ years of project engineering/project management experience and/or contract management and/or equivalent experience in a matrix organization.
- Extensive experience in energy markets, project finance and project cost reporting.
- Expert knowledge of cost control philosophy and methodologies, estimating, change management and document controls procedures required.
- Demonstrated ability in finance, economics, deal structure or accounting.
- 5+ years previous supervisory duties (at least 4 direct reports).
- Expert knowledge of cost control philosophy and methodologies, estimating, change management, and document controls procedures required.
- Deep experience with budgets, scheduling and RFP processes.
- Outstanding interpersonal oral and written communication, presentation skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple people from all types of fields of expertise , and the ability to manage primes an d subcontractor relationships simultaneously.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, ability to work well with others and be a good team player.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Knowledge of risk evaluation and statistical modelling a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of Office 365; MS Project application, Visio, MS Access, Word, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
Requires knowledge of, and direct first-hand experience in, offshore wind project development in the United States.